We are pleased to announce the release of “DCIN Recommendations for Diabetic Cats in Shelters“. This one-page document, prepared with oversight from Dr. Renee Rucinsky at Mid Atlantic Cat Hospital, is intended to assist shelters with diabetic cats under their care. We encourage all shelters to review this document with their medical teams and shelter veterinarians. If you volunteer at a shelter, please share this document with your shelter!
Like many of you, we were so sad to hear of Betty White’s passing so close to her 100th birthday. DCIN would like to honor her memory by asking our facebook fans to participate in our #BettyWhiteChallenge! What makes DCIN unique? Well, like Betty White’s character Rose in The Golden Girls, the cats we help are extra sweet and love their sugar… a little too much!
Every donation goes directly toward helping diabetic cats and their people! Thank you so much for your support.
We help diabetic cats and their people. We support diabetic cats in their original and adoptive homes, rehome unwanted diabetic cats, and help to educate caregivers on the appropriate treatment of diabetic cats. DCIN is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Facebook pays all the processing fees for you, so 100% of your donation goes directly to the nonprofit.
CLICK HERE to support our Facebook fundraiser!
Now through December 2, 2020, DCIN is accepting orders for the 2021 8.5″ by 11″ full-color twelve-month DCIN Extra-Sweet Kitties wall calendar! The prices listed below include mailing costs. (HARD DEADLINE).
To order via PayPal (paypal.com):
1) Choose the blue “Send” button (after you log in).
2) Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the field that asks for name, email or mobile number. Click “next.”
3) Type in the total amount for the number of calendars you’re ordering. (See below for prices.)
4) Use the “add a note” box below the donation field to give us the number of calendars ordered, the mailing address, and your email address. Click “continue.”
5) Below the amount field, make sure it says “sending to a friend” and not “paying for an item or service.” If it says “paying for an item or service”, please click “Change” and select “sending to a friend” to keep DCIN from paying Seller fees. Make sure the note field below that contains your mailing address and email address – we can’t mail to you or contact you otherwise!
6) Choose if you are going to pay with your linked account or with a credit card – Please choose to pay the fees associated with a credit card so DCIN does not have to pay them.
7) Click “Send payment now.”
8) Send us an additional email to calendar @dcin.info with your mailing address and email address – PayPal is NOT always including the Note field with your payment! THIS IS A CRITICAL STEP SO WE CAN MAIL YOUR CALENDAR!!
If you do not use PayPal, please email email@example.com with your intent to pay by check and include the number of calendars you’re ordering and your/your recipient’s mailing address. Then send your full payment to
Diabetic Cats in Need
P.O. Box 21
Minot, ME 04258-0021
Pricing (includes postage):
- US mailings —$28 per calendar
- Canadian mailings — $33 per calendar – please pay in US$!
- Other international mailings –– $38 per calendar – please pay in US$! PLEASE SEE NOTE BELOW.
The higher costs for Canada and other international locations are because of the higher mailing costs to those places. PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19, THERE ARE INTERNATIONAL LOCATIONS WE CANNOT SHIP TO. PLEASE CHECK WITH US PRIOR TO ORDERING.
DCIN is accepting orders for the 2021 calendar through December 2, 2020 (HARD DEADLINE). We will make every effort to mail these so you’ll receive them in time for Christmas, but we can’t make any promises, as we must rely on the printing company to get them to us for distribution and the USPS is exceptionally slow this year.
Thank you all so much for supporting DCIN’s 2021 Extra-Sweet Kitties Calendar!
If you have questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.